Friday 16 September 2011

London calling.

Short note today. We have arrived in London to sunshine, which is amazing considering that we left 11 days of sunshine in Yorkshire on a morning that promised drear and showers in the north. It was an amazing afternoon with us all out in t-shirts, walking and playing in Greenwich Park. We met my Auntie Maggie at the flat on Westcombe Park Drive. She has not changed a bit since I saw her last over 15 years ago. I love that! The flat is perfect. A stones throw from "the park" and walking distance from the Hare and Billet.
Took the kids to the play yard at the bottom of the hill for a run around after the long drive this morning. They were super stars in the car...again! Honestly, whose kids are these. They don't stop amazing us. Then on to the Plume of Feathers for dinner, a great little local with a beautiful beer garden and a play house for the kids while they waited for their food. Once back to the flat Maggie called round again to pick up Dad, Matt and I for a pint at the Hare and Billet. We walked in and met up with my cousin Jake and my Uncle Richard. So wonderful to set eyes on them. Shortly after my cousin Sam and his lovely wife Jo arrived for a drink and a visit. It has been more that 16 years since Sam and I were in a room together and it was like no time had passed. Except now we were chatting about our children (he has four!). It was a super night topped off by my big win on the raffle tickets Jake bought me. Haha, swamp photos, what a memory!
Walked home with Dad and Matty. A very warm evening, still in t-shirts. I suspect that a few pints would keep anyone warm, eh?
Tomorrow, RUGBY!
xox
Sorry no photos today. I'll post extras tomorrow. :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment